SILO is in the process of developing a Youth Services program, an array of direct and referral services targeted
to youth and young adults ages 14 to 24 years, to supplement and continue the "aging out" transition services received
Starting this summer, we will be phasing in classes, groups, seminars and events in the following areas:
- Community Inclusion/Recreation: Social Skills, Leisure Time Hobby and Skill Set development;
- Exercise (personal training and/or sports) and Nutrition;
- Advocacy (including self-advocacy, community and systems change);
- Parent/Guardian Support Services;
- Employment (Work Readiness and Job Development Services);
- Independent Living Skills;
- Peer Support Groups;
- Benefit Advisement;
- Housing Coordination Services;
- Education Advisement;
- Travel and Transportation Training;
- Experienced Peer Counseling.
We are in the process of Outreach and Needs Assessment for Phase 1 of our SILO Youth Services program.
Please Contact Marie Hickey by calling SILO at (631)880-7929 or
, SILO Youth Services Developer, if you are interested in scheduling a presentation for your group,
or in assisting us with our Needs Assessment surveys.